KYDEX® Thermoplastic Sheet
High impact, thermoplastic sheet that is tough, durable, and easy to form
• • KYDEX® Thermoplastic sheet is an excellent choice for applications where appearance, toughness, or complex thermoforming is required. It is used for thermoformed equipment housings, airplane, bus and train interior parts, kiosks, medical devices, and POP displays. See KYDEX® Thermoplastic FAQs.
Shop for KYDEX® Sheet Can't find what you need? Get a quote.
24 in x 48 in – 48 in x 96 in
0.028 in – 0.250 in
||Black/Pavement, Cadet Blue, Calcutta Black/Black Watch, Pewter Gray/Bayou, Dark Gray/Iron Safe, Polar White/Goal Post, Beige/Blotter, Pinstripe/Veranda, Snowflake/Cumulus, Monterey, Flesh, Green, White, and Many More
|Texture, Surface, Pattern
||Haircell P1, Velour Matte P3, Level Haircell PC, and Other Textures Available Based on Material, Grade, Thickness, Etc.
||KYDEX® 100, KYDEX® T,
KYDEX® V, Fire-Rated, Orthotic Grade, and Other Grades Available
Length, width, thickness, and diameter tolerances vary by size, by manufacturer, brand, and grade. Custom sizes and colors available upon request.
KYDEX® Sheet for Medical Devices, Diagnostic Equipment, and Furniture
Busy medical facilities are challenged with sourcing products that are aesthetically pleasing and at the same time durable, and able to withstand a wide variety of cleaning chemicals.
KYDEX® thermoplastics offer durability, chemical resistance, a wide range of color and texture options including custom colors, and are easy to form. Their integral color keeps surfaces looking new longer than traditional materials like fiberglass, painted metal, or high pressure laminates.
Elevate your products’ design and create a better use case for your medical devices and diagnostic equipment. KYDEX® sheet products meet or exceed regulatory compliance and safety standards for hospitals, medical offices, and in-home use and are ideal for the following applications and more:
- Diagnostic Imaging – MRI, MRA, CT, Nuclear & Molecular Imaging, Ultrasound
- Patient Monitoring – Anesthesia Machines, Operating Tables
- Architecture, Furniture, Patient Handling – Lifts, Stretchers, Beds, Mobile Carts and Stations, Drawer and Door Fascias, Overbed Tables
- Laboratory Equipment – Blood Analyzers, Liquid Assay Systems, Genome Sequencers
Medical Device and Equipment Grades
• KYDEX® T
• KYDEX® 100
• KYDEX® 110
• KYDEX® 430
• KYDEX® XDWG
• KYDEX® XD03
KYDEX® Sheet for Transportation—Aircraft, Bus, Subway, and Monorail Interior Applications
KYDEX® Thermoplastic sheet is a lightweight, durable, and easy to form material engineered to meet your aerospace or transportation application challenges. No matter the part geometry KYDEX® sheet will form beautifully offering design flexibility. Color possibilities are limitless with a variety of finish and texture offerings to complement your design.
KYDEX® sheet has good impact strength and is less likely to chip, crack or break than GRP (glass reinforced plastic) commonly referred to as fiberglass. It is abrasion and scratch resistant due to color throughout the sheet thickness, making it a better option than painted metal. KYDEX® Thermoplastics are resistant to cleaning chemicals and corrosion, and are offered in various grades to meet flammability and smoke requirements such as FAR 25.853, ABD-0031, BSS 7239, FMVSS 302, ASTM E-162 & 662, and SMP 800C.
Benefits of KYDEX® Thermoplastic sheet for seatbacks, tray tables, arm rests, window shrouds and ceiling coverings:
- Durable, good impact strength, with abrasion and scratch resistance – integral color throughout makes scratches and wear less noticeable
- Standard and custom colors, pearlescent, metallic, woodgrain, and variety of textures
- Excellent thermoforming properties, easy to fabricate and machine
- Resistant to cleaning chemicals and corrosion
- Meets flammability requirements for mass transit and aviation
Download KYDEX® Thermoplastic Sheet for the Transportation Industry white paper.
KYDEX® Sheet for Store Fixtures, POP Displays, Kiosks, Retail Interiors, Transaction Surfaces, Workstations, and Cabinets
Due to KYDEX® Thermoplastic sheet's extreme durability, availability in virtually any color, and 8 surface textures, it is increasingly being used instead of high pressure laminates (HPLs) to create retail store fixtures, kiosks, and transaction surfaces. Using KYDEX® sheet also results in considerable cost savings for retailers because it is extremely resistant to chipping and breaking from in-store traffic and during shipping. Grades of KYDEX® sheet are available that have outstanding flammability properties including UL 94 V-0 rating and Class 1/A rating (ASTM E84).
Benefits of KYDEX® Thermoplastic sheet for retail fixtures, kiosks, and transaction surfaces:
- Durable, tough, and resistant to chipping - perfect for high traffic areas
- Color is throughout the thickness of the sheet to hide scratches and wear, no dark edges
- Standard and custom colors to promote your brand
- Easy to fabricate, machine, form (membrane press, thermoform), and bond
- Easy to clean with many household cleaners
- Chemically resistant to a broad range of chemicals
Get new material guide on how KYDEX® Thermoplastics create durable, attractive retail fixtures.
KYDEX® Thermoplastic Sheet Properties and Options
KYDEX® 100– Rigid, tough, durable, plastic alloy sheet available in a wide range of standard and custom colors, textures, and sheet sizes. It is Underwriters Laboratories® Inc. recognized for UL Std 94 V-0, 5V and has 961 J/m (18 ft-lbs/in) Notched Izod impact resistance.
KYDEX® T– High impact fire-rated sheet that is less hygroscopic and usually does not require pre-drying. Offers more uniform forming with less wall thinning. Greater resistance to a broad range of corrosive chemicals and cleaning solutions.
KYDEX® V– Cost-competitive, recycled-grade utility sheet offered only in the color black. Due to some degree of color variability, it is especially well-suited for hidden or painted parts.
KYDEX® T Sheet for O&P– Used by fabricators in the orthotics industry for neck braces, body jackets and upper extremity orthoses. KYDEX® sheet provides rigidity, excellent formability, and wear-resistance.
KYDEX® V Sheet for O&P– Recycled grade also suited for use by fabricators in the orthotics industry. Offered in a standard, smaller size of 32 in x 48 in.
Bonding KYDEX® Thermoplastics– Use Plexus® MA300, a fast-setting methacrylate adhesive, to create stronger bonds than the KYDEX® sheet itself.
Tech Tip- UL 94 Flammability Ratings Summary describes the 5V test method in which the test flame is applied up to five times for five seconds each time. After testing the 5V, a test rating for the test is given as a 5VA or 5VB classification. The following is a simple explanation of each rating of the UL 94 Test 5V:
• KYDEX® 100 has a 94 5VA rating for 2.00mm (0.078”) and 94 5VB for < 2.00mm (0.078”) thicknesses.
• KYDEX® T has a 94 5VA rating for 3.00mm (0.118”) and 94 5VB for < 3.00mm (0.118”) thicknesses.
Shop for KYDEX®
Typical properties OF KYDEX® Thermoplastic Sheet
|Izod impact (notched)
||ft-lbs/in of notch
|Heat deflection temperature @ 264 psi
|Maximum continuous service temperature in air
|Water absorption (immersion 24 hours)
|Coefficient of linear thermal expansion
Values may vary according to brand name. Please ask your Curbell Plastics representative for more specific information about an individual brand.
Need more information about this material? Use our interactive plastic properties table
impact resistance of kYDEX® 100 vs hips and abs