California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010
The California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 requires certain manufacturers and retailers doing business in the State of California to disclose efforts to eradicate slavery and human trafficking from their supply chains.
Curbell Plastics, Inc. (“the Company”) is committed to ensuring that our supply chain reflects our values and respect for human rights. The Company unequivocally supports efforts to combat, prohibit, and prevent human trafficking and slavery. In support of our position on eradicating slavery and human trafficking and in compliance with the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 (SB 657), the Company asserts the following:
- VERIFICATION. The Company’s suppliers are in significant part located in the United States and any suppliers outside of the United States are considered to be of no or at worst extremely low risk for violating slavery and human trafficking laws. The Company has not employed a third party for verification but does have a supplier qualification process.
- AUDIT. The Company requires that all suppliers operate in compliance with all applicable laws in the jurisdictions where they do business and we rely upon our suppliers to audit their businesses for compliance. Because of the overall extremely low risk in the supply chain, we do not currently conduct annual supplier audits for compliance.
- CERTIFICATION. The Company does not require suppliers to certify that products are made in compliance with laws regarding human trafficking and slavery of the countries in which they are doing business because all of our suppliers are based in the United States or in countries with similar restrictions; provided however, the Company will consider this option if it is determined a supplier is considered to be high risk. If we suspect a supplier is involved in these activities, we will conduct an inquiry and take corrective action where appropriate.
- ACCOUNTABILITY. The Company requires all suppliers to adhere to all applicable laws and will disqualify any supplier to violates any such laws, including without limitation, any laws related to slavery and human trafficking.
- TRAINING. The Company provides training to all employees on our values and conducting our business activities in compliance with all applicable laws, including without limitation, any laws related to slavery and human trafficking.
Download a copy of this notice.