DuPont™ Vespel® Polyimides for Aerospace Valve Seats and Seals
Widely used to increase the operating temperature range, improve reliability, and extend the service life of aerospace valves.
NEW White Paper describes the performance advantages of DuPont™ Vespel® and the benefits of specifying DuPont™ Vespel® for critical-service aerospace valve applications.
- Low rates of thermal expansion and contraction
- Moderate compressive modulus and ductile behavior throughout a broad temperature range
- Excellent resistance to creep and stress relaxation
- Grades available with low to moderate coefficients of friction
- Grades available for use in vacuum sealing application
To learn more, fill out the form and get your copy of:
"DuPont™ Vespel® Polyimides – High Performance Polymers for Aerospace Valve Seats and Seals"
Curbell Plastics is the only authorized distributor of Authentic DuPont™ Vespel® polyimide shapes (rod, plaque, bar, balls) in the Western United States.
20 page white paper contains technically rich content on: Metal vs. Plastic Sealing Systems • High Temperature Polymers • Vespel® Polyimide Material Properties • Thermal Stability • Cryogenic Temperatures • Compressive Modulus vs. Temperature ASTM D695 • Friction and Actuation Torque • COF and Dimensional Stability • Oxygen or Chemical Compatibility • Vespel® SP and SCP Grades • Vespel® in Spacecraft Applications • Dynamic Mechanical Analysis (DMA)