Click to view
Also, visit our technical resources section
RTV silicone sealant has proven itself as an outstanding sealing material |
due to its:
- Heat resistance (up to 500°F)
- Low temperature flexibility (down to -75°F)
- Vibration resistance
- UV stability
Applications range from simple gap sealants to electronic encapsulants and room-temperature-molded solid silicone seals.
Important market segments include military, aerospace, transportation, electronics, construction, and consumer products.
Numerous RTV silicone grades offer compliance with UL, FDA, military, and private OEM specifications.
One-Part Systems vs. Two-Part Systems
One-Part Silicone Sealant
One-part silicone sealants are the easiest to use, requiring no weighing or mixing.
Two-Part Silicone Sealant
Two-part systems require accurate measuring and thorough mixing.
Cure Technologies for Silicone Sealants
Two different cure technologies are available for silicone sealants.
- Condensation cure relies upon atmospheric moisture to catalyze the curing reaction and a byproduct is volatilized as the reaction proceeds.
- Addition cure is not reliant upon atmospheric moisture and does not generate any byproducts. The addition cure produces virtually no shrinkage. For these reasons, the addition cure is preferred for molded applications. A drawback of the addition cure is its susceptibility to cure inhibition.
Silicone Sealant Standard Packaging
- 2.8 fluid ounce tube
- 10.1 fluid ounce cartridge
- 5 gallon pail
- 55 gallon drum
- Pint kit
- Gallon kit
- 5 gallon pail kit
- 55 gallon drum kit
Popular Momentive Silicone Sealant Grades
One-Part Acetoxy Condensation Cure
IS802, IS803, IS808, IS800.09, IS806
RTV102, RTV103, RTV108, RTV109, RTV112, RTV116, RTV118
RTV112, RTV116, RTV118
One-Part Alkoxy (Neutral) Condensation Cure
|RTV162, RTV167, RTV133, RTV142
One-Part Modified Alkoxy (Neutral) Condensation Cure
|RTV122, RTV123, RTV128, IS902, RTV1673, RTV6708
Two-Part Alkoxy (Neutral) Condensation Cure
|RTV11, RTV12, RTV21, RTV31, RTV60, RTV88, RTV511, RTV560, RTV566, RTV567, RTV577
Two-Part Addition Cure
|RTV615, RTV627, RTV655
|SS4004P, SS4044P, SS4120, SS4155,
NOTE: Numerous additional grades of Momentive silicone sealants are available.
For additional information on RTV silicone sealants, contact your local Curbell Plastics representative or call Curbell at 1-888-287-2355.